Based in Montreal (QC), Canada
June 1, 2009
Press / Business contact:
303-4529 Clark St.
Montreal (QC), Canada
Juicy Beast is four four friends handcrafting silly and addicting video games since 2009.
Juicy Beast was co-founded in 2009 by longtime friends Yowan Langlais and Dominique Lemire-Nault. Programmer Alexandre Dazé-Hill and illustrator-animator Jean-Philippe Côté joined the ranks shortly after the legal birth of the company. Fresh out of school and with no work experience whatsoever, the four friends took the big leap and released over 10 Flash games in the following years, including the successful Burrito Bison series and Knightmare Tower. After releasing Burrito Bison on iOS with the help of developer Ravenous Games, they slowly shifted their attention towards new markets, and replaced their old friend Flash with Unity. Now with the ability to export to almost every platform, they completely revamped Knightmare Tower and released it on Steam, Ouya, Android and iOS, where it got featured by Apple as one of the Best Games of 2013.Recent
In May 2013, Juicy Beast participated in the Toronto Game Jam (TOJam) where they made a local-multiplayer party game called Toto Temple. The jam game got Ouya’s attention and they offered their financial help to develop a full fledged version of Toto Temple. In July 2014, the new and bigger version now called Toto Temple Deluxe is released on the Ouya store. In summer 2015, Juicy Beast is about to release a bigger and definitive version of Toto Temple Deluxe on PC and all major consoles, which will be their very first console release.
Kongregate Live! Interview with Juicy Beast YouTube
OUYA Dev Diary (2013) YouTube
Casual Connect 2011: Burrito Bison Postmortem – Designing for Two Markets at Once YouTube
Flippin' Dead presentation at game jam Bivouac Urbain 2012 YouTube
There are far more images available for Juicy Beast, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c08/h03/mnt/115924/domains/juicybeast.com/html/press/index.php on line 504
Awards & Recognition
- "Nomination for Independant Game of the Year" - Toto Temple Deluxe, Numix Awards 2015
- "Indiecade Selection 2014" - Toto Temple Deluxe, Indiecade
- "Mobile Game of the Year" - Knightmare Tower, Numix Awards 2014
- "Web Browser Game of the Year" - Burrito Bison Revenge, Numix Awards 2013
- "App Store Best of 2013" - Knightmare Tower, AppStore.com/BestOf2013
- "The 12 Best Games for the iPhone/iPad" - Knightmare Tower, Kotaku.com
- "Nomination Best Action/Arcade Game" - Knightmare Tower, PocketGamer.co.uk
- "Players' Choice (Game of the Year)" - Burrito Bison Revenge, Mochi Awards 2012
- "Nomination for Best Game Art" - Knightmare Tower, Mochi Awards 2012
- "Nomination for Best Action Games" - Knightmare Tower, Mochi Awards 2012
- "Nomination for Web Based Game of the Year" - Burrito Bison Revenge, D.I.C.E Awards 2012
- "Action/Arcade Game of the Year" - Burrito Bison Revenge, Best of Casual Gameplay 2012 by JayIsGames.com
- "Action/Arcade Game of the Year (Second Place)" - Knightmare Tower, Best of Casual Gameplay 2012 by JayIsGames.com
- "Best Action Game" - Burrito Bison, Mochi Awards 2011
- "Top 5 Action Game Ever" - Knightmare Tower, Kongregate.com
- "Top 5 Action Game Ever" - Burrito Bison Revenge, Kongregate.com
- "Top 5 Action Game Ever" - Burrito Bison, Kongregate.com
- "Juicy Beast – Montreal’s Fab Four"
- pingmaestro, GamingMTL
- "Developer Spotlight: Juicy Beast"
- Jared Yeager, Ouya.tv
- "Juicy By Nature, A Beast By Design"
- Rondal Scott, Strange Kids Club
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c08/h03/mnt/115924/domains/juicybeast.com/html/press/index.php on line 556
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Co-founder / Art Director / UI Designer
Co-founder / Level Designer / Balancing
Illustrator / Animator